Bodybuilding doesn’t have to be expensive or very time consuming; you can do your own at home workouts to look great and feel amazing. Just by doing a few at home workouts every morning, you can feel like you have more energy, burn a few calories, and feel better about yourself when it comes to bodybuilding. My goal is to show you how you can be a natural bodybuilder using at home glutes workout, so you don’t have to spend loads of money on expensive equipment or gym memberships. Don’t mistake natural bodybuilding to be a slow and “poor man’s” version of burning fat and gaining muscle; in fact, it’s just as effective as the gym!
In this article, I will list 5 of the most tried and true exercises so that you can add them to your at home workouts!
1. A good exercise to add to your any of your at-home workouts is the WEIGHTLESS CONCENTRATION CURL (biceps). While you are standing, grab your left wrist with your right hand. Apply downward pressure with your right hand as you slowly and forcefully curl your left arm. When your elbow is curled all the way, squeeze your biceps once more and hold it for a second before you lower it. Finish up all your reps before you switch your arms. Since you’re not actually using a weight, you can do this at home workout in a controlled manner. Concentrate on keeping your biceps working throughout each repetition, and apply some strong pressure with your other nonworking hand.
2. You can also do SQUATS (legs) as part of your at home workouts. From a standing position, spread your feet so that they are about shoulder-width apart. Then squat down until both of your legs make about a 90 degree angle. As you’re lowering yourself, you can keep your back a little arched, keep your head up, and stick out your glutes as if you were about to sit on top of a chair. Make sure that your knees are not out past your toes as you lower yourself; if you find that they are, then you are not putting your glutes far enough towards the back. Once you’re at the bottom flex your quads, hamstrings, and glutes to bring yourself back up to a standing position. Then repeat this.
3. An essential part of your at home workouts to build up your triceps, shoulders, and chest is the classic PUSHUP. You may have hated them in gym class, but don’t underestimate the effectiveness of pushups as part of your at home workout routine. In order for pushups to be effective, you have to make sure you’re doing them correctly. Place your hands on ground at about shoulder width. Keep your toes on the floor, and feet together. Slowly lower yourself until your arms form a 90 degree angle. Then slowly bring yourself back up. To maximize the effectiveness, flex on the way back up instead of quickly springing back up to finish the rep.
You can also do variations of the push up, such as the CLOSE GRIP PUSHUP which isolates your triceps and works them intensively. To do this, simply get in a regular push up position and keep your hands about 6-8 inches apart from each other. Even though you’re only changing your hand distance, it makes a huge difference in the muscles you use!
4. Many people like to include the SIDE-TO-SIDE LUNGE to their at home workouts. To do this, position your hands on your hips, and then place your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your head up and your back straight. Now, step with your right leg straight out as far as you can towards your side (while keeping your left foot stationary). Plant your right foot and then bend the right knee until it reaches a 90 degree angle. Then, while flexing your thigh muscles, push yourself back up to the standing position and repeat the process with the left leg.
5. A common exercise that many people include in their at home workouts is the LEG RAISE (Abs). Instead of doing only crunches to work your abs, you can do leg raises, which are just as efficient. Lay down on your back on top of a flag surface. Keep your hands by your sides. Now, slowly raise your legs off the ground until they are at about a 45 degree angle. You should feel your abs doing the work. Then flex your abs, and slowly bring your legs back down. Repeat this movement.
If you add all of these exercises to your at home workouts, you should be on your way to having a healthier and physically fit body! Remember that in order to see significant results, you should have a workout that incorporates the rest of your body. You should take a look at my fitness website to learn more exercises, techniques, and healthy diets to improve your body. Also, if you’re really serious about building lean muscles in the best way, then take a look at my review of No Nonsense Muscle Building. This is a program designed specifically to build muscle mass on the average guy. It gives you a full workout routine for 52-weeks, along with full diet schedules to maximize your muscle growth. Give it a look to see how it will fit your needs.